Transitioning into the role of caregiver can impact your life more than expected. We are here to support you through every step in the process, providing you with:
- Answers about what to expect as your loved one’s illness progresses.
- Respite care, as needed, so you can attend to your needs and obligations.
- Education on how to properly care for your loved one.
- A variety of caregiving related workshops.
- Referrals to professional caregiving agencies if needed.
- Keep a list of people in your personal support network who can help with daily tasks.
- Learn to delegate.
- Educate yourself on your loved ones’ disease. We can help you with this process.
- Write out a list of concerns, questions for the doctor/nurse prior to a visit.
- Engage in self-care.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get 15-30 minutes of exercise daily.
- Meditate, practice deep breathing.
- Pay attention to your own health, including regular doctor appointments.
- Engage in support classes or groups.
For questions, please call any of our offices, in Albany - 229-349-6390, Bainbridge - 229-442-9162, Dublin - 478-272-0023 or Eastman - 478-559-3035.