Grief Support Groups
Integrity Hospice is developing bereavement support groups to aid our families. These groups will be for anyone in the community who has experienced the death of someone close to them. Groups will give participants a chance to learn more about the grieving process and gain support and insight from others who have had similar experiences. Support groups will meet in Dublin and Albany.
Some possibilities are:
- General Loss - A six-week support group for adults who have lost a loved one to share, learn, and grow through the grief journey.
- Loss of Spouse - A six-week support group for adults who have lost a spouse/partner. The focus would be on expressing grief, coping skills, and connecting with peers.
- Coping Creatively - This workshop is designed to help you with your grief journey with a journal to get you started writing about your feelings. Many people are uncomfortable with writing, but it can be very therapeutic.
- Understanding Your Grief - This workshop is designed to help the newly bereaved understand the journey of grief, determine when professional help is needed and identify tools to unlock the healing process.
- Loss of a Mother - A workshop just for women who are grieving the loss of their mother. Come learn techniques for coping with grief-related depression, practical tips for surviving the loss and support from others also journeying through grief.
We would love to hear what type groups that you think will be of benefit, To offer your suggestions, please call any of our offices, in Albany - 229-349-6390, Bainbridge - 229-442-9162, Dublin - 478-272-0023 or Eastman - 478-559-3035.